I consider nearly everything I do as service; whether it’s building a new masters’ program in design, introducing students to distant parts of the world, or encouraging young immigrants to pursue their dreams, it’s all service. I feel that in service I not only help others but greatly enrich my own journey.
The majority of my service is through empowering people to speak for themselves. My work in this area crosses many traditional boundaries and can be reflected as service to my school, university, and community.
- Developed eight new course curriculums
- Led the curriculum evolution of several courses
- Taken leadership positions at Newhouse and abroad
- Served on numerous Newhouse and other schools’ committees
- Started the web presence for my department
- Partnered students with industry leaders on socially conscious projects
- Helped encourage the dreams of young immigrants